At St Cuthman’s we have a team of Spiritual Directors who are trained in the art of spiritual accompaniment. They have a range of backgrounds including lgnatian spirituality, bereavement, pastoral care and accompaniment. Our directors are supported through regular supervision and continuing professional development. They are available for personal conversations about life, or situations in the light of faith. You can talk to someone whether you are spending a day or making a longer retreat. You can also meet with someone regularly throughout the year. Spiritual direction may help you to reflect on ways to deepen your prayer life and relation-ship with God, help in decision making processes or just be a listening ear.
If you would like to have spiritual direction it would be really helpful to us if you could answer the following questions to enable us to match you with the right person:
- Have you ever been on a retreat before? Was it silent? Was it led?
- What attracted you to booking this retreat?
- What are your expectations, hopes or fears about spending time on retreat?
- Is there a particular situation that you would like to reflect up on?
- Where do you feel you are on your faith journey at present?
- Is there anything that you would like us to know before your arrival?
All your answers will be treated confidentially by us and can be sent to Mary-Jane’s personal email address which can be requested here.
There is no formal charge for this service however if you feel that you would like to make a contribution then we recommend adding £15-£35 per individual session or a contribution of £50-£100 for a group day depending upon your means. This can be paid to the office upon booking for led days or at the end of your stay for residential bookings.